The AK-47, also known as the Avtomat Kalashnikova, is one of the most popular assault rifles on earth. It was developed by a man named Mikhail Kalashnikov in the Soviet Union in the mid to late 1940’s. Kalashnikov wanted to be a poet, but ended up in the Russian army as a tank commander. He was injured in 1941 while fighting Nazi’s, which led him to the interest of inventing weaponry. The rifle became a primary weapon of the Soviet Army and even after 7 decades, it continues to be used by many militaries. The AK-47 has seen action in every major military conflict since its creation.
The standard magazine capacity is 30 rounds. The magazines have a distinct curve that allows them to smoothly feed ammunition into the chamber. The AK-47 is an accurate machine gun and one that people enjoy firing. It is very reliable under harsh conditions and easy to use. The gun is easy to repair and rarely gets jammed, making it a great choice for military usage.
The AK-47 was used in the Cold War, before becoming popular for military usage in Vietnam. Since then it has been used widely by militaries all around the world such as the U.S. military in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars. It is also a common weapon among rogue shooters and terrorist groups such as Al Qaeda. The AK-47 is typically thought of as the most recognizable gun due to its widespread usage in movies and video games.
It is fairly easy to get a hold of an AK-47, which has contributed to the popularity of the gun for military usage in addition to criminal usage. Of the approximately 500 million firearms that exist, around 15% are AK-47s. That’s a pretty large chunk when you think of all the firearms available. This means that unfortunately they’re somewhat easy to get a hold of on the black market. However, in the United States it is rarely legal to own a fully automatic AK-47.
If you’ve never shot an AK-47 you might be wondering what it’s like. It’s been said that the AK is one of the most comfortable guns to shoot. It has a significant amount of recoil, a nice heft to it, and a good kick. Many people love the shape and feeling of shooting an AK-47. It feels powerful and freeing. So, if you’d like to try your hand at shooting the world’s most iconic gun, come join us for a shooting adventure!
- Complimentary pickup from any Las Vegas hotel (7:00 am & 1:00 pm, 7 days a week)
- Walk the Hoover Dam Bridge for a 15-minute photo and video opportunity
- The Shooting Package of your choice
- Photo/video opportunity after shooting with your awesome weapons
- Lunch: World Famous Burger, Fries, and Soda (Vegetarian Option Available)
- Drop Off at your hotel or any Las Vegas Strip location
Approximate Duration: 4.5 hours (hotel to hotel)
- All shooters must be 12 years old and 5 feet tall to shoot.
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to shoot due to safety concern. Non-shooter tours and viewing any tour from the upper deck is allowed.
- For each shooting package only 1 non-shooter package is allowed. 1:1 Ratio for shooters to non-shooters.
- All packages are priced per person.